Welcome to the Konocti Regional Trails (KRT) Discussion Group!
Our goal is to develop a series of both land and water-based non-motorized, interconnecting trails throughout Lake County, California.
The KRT group is currently working with Alta Planning & Design to develop a Trails Master Plan, which will guide Lake County in future trail development.
Who is the KRT group? We are comprised of representatives from various Lake County departments, organizations, volunteers and YOU! We need public support and help to make this a reality.
The trails system is based on a three-tiered hierarchy:
- Regional Trails (RT), connecting neighboring communities or regionally significant attractions.
- Community Connector Pathways (CP), link important land uses and areas of interest, into the regional system
- Local Trails/Pathways (LT), connect neighborhoods to schools, shopping; trails within parks.
We have divided the county into six regional study areas. Within each of these regions, we (and you) can work on smaller projects, such as local pathways.
How can you help?
- Provide input on trail concepts and connections.
- Attend meetings, give political support.
- By volunteering to build and/or maintain trails.
- Collect information on potential trail routes by GPSing and ground-truthing.
- Write up summaries/descriptions of current trails for posting on the website.
- Write up grant proposals
- Network with other groups
Please feel free to comment on any of the discussion areas. We have a few simple rules:
- We would appreciate that you use your real name when commenting, as we are building a collaborative group based on trust.
- We appreciate constructive criticisms and comments, but will not post negativity or rantings.
- There are no bad ideas – just some that might work better than others!
If you wish to get on the mailing list, or sign up for potential volunteer activities, you can do so on the main website – there are forms on the lower left sidebar.
Thanks for being interested in Konocti Regional Trails!