An organizational meeting to discuss creation of a Friends of Mt. Konocti group was held on May 13th, 2010.
- An overview and history of the Mt. Konocti acquisition
- Make-up of the Mt. Konocti Master Management Plan Committee
- Roles and responsibilities of Friends of Mt. Konocti
It was decided to created a 501c(3) non-profit organization – the organization and bylaws are being created by a small subgroup.
The Friends of Mt Konocti would be involved with:
- Protection and preservation (policing, information dissemination, interpretation)
- Lead hikes and/or supervise the use of the Cal Fire Lookout Tower
- Be trail users and watchers
- Hold fundraisers and create a website to support the mountain
- Provide input and support for county operations, including trail management/construction; fire management; input on types of usage within the confines of the purchase agreement; help to create policies and procedures.