Mount Konocti Master Management Plan Committee Appointed
11/2009 – A committee has been appointed to work on developing a Mount Konocti Master Management Plan that will include types of use, flora and fauna identification, fire and emergency management plans, etc. The plan will be dictated by conditions of the purchase that include day use only (except by special permit), no motorized vehicles (except authorized), keeping the existing gate at the bottom of the hill locked and closed (except by permit), etc.
Appointed members include:
- Brad Barnwell, Lake County Land Trust/ Recreational users group Rep.
- Rich Burns, BLM
- Battalion Chief Linda Green, Cal Fire
- Mike Stone, Kelseyville Fire Chief
- James Harvey, Registered Forester
- Charlotte Griswold, Countywide Parks and Recreation Advisory Board Rep.
- Mike Fowler Seller
- Steve Brooks, member at large
- Tribal Rep position vacant
The park is tentatively scheduled for an official opening in mid summer, 2010