The Konocti Regional Trails & Pathways system (Konocti Regional Trails) is a network of trails and community pathways on and around Clear Lake that highlight the region’s outstanding scenic beauty, diverse wildlife, natural landscapes, and cultural history; enhances the visitor experience by providing an opportunity for recreation and appreciation of these unique assets; and promotes community health and economic vitality throughout the region.
- Integrate key local, state, federal and other publicly accessible parks, natural lands and recreational areas, highlighting the area’s unique natural, scenic, cultural, and historic resources.
- Establish a system of community pathways that provide connections to local amenities, neighborhoods, and recreation destinations.
- Feature major recreation destinations including Mount Konocti, a primary ridgeline trail and an interconnected water trail system for kayaking and canoeing and other human-powered boating with connections to local communities.
- Emphasize non-motorized, multiple use trail opportunities for hikers, mountain bicyclists, equestrians, and paddlers.
- Offer a range of recreation opportunities for people of all ages, interests and abilities, promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Promote volunteerism and resource stewardship through outdoor recreation, education, interpretation, and hands-on involvement.
- Positively communicate the remarkable scenic, natural, cultural, and historical resources of Lake County increasing visitation, the quality of the visitor experience, and economic vitality.
- Respect private property rights and the right of privacy on lands throughout the trail planning process and limit as much as possible, the impact(s) on adjacent and private land uses.
- Identify long-term funding sources for the provision of adequate maintenance, management, and support facilities throughout the trail system to ensure on-going public safety.